Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Talk Amongst Yourselves

Finished a scene at lunch yesterday. Didn't do a massive amount of writing, but I did some at least.

But then last night when I should have been writing, I was watching Dancing with the Stars instead. Which I've never seen before. But I was so intrigued that I had temporarily managed to keep hubby from clicking the remote and changing the channel that I sat there dumbfounded. He wasn't even *holding* the remote!

I finally shook myself free of the fascination and headed to the computer where I accomplished nothing. Nada. Zilch. Didn't even open my manuscript. Sigh. It's starting a new scene and the first word blues. It's going to need to be another one of those "everyone sits around and discusses the clues" type of scene. I can't afford another tea drinking scene--this one has to be more active. The characters have to be *doing* something besides talking. Maybe I'll set it in the theater. And maybe they think they've been overheard. Make it a little spooky. Yeah, that's the ticket. Ooooh, now I can't wait for lunch to sketch this out!

No comments: